Friday, March 27, 2009
Zabriskie Finishes Castilla y Leon 3rd Overall!
Spain - Reigning US Pro TT Champ and 2009 Tour of CA 3rd place finisher Dave Zabriskie added another big result to his coffer as he finished up the 2009 Castilla y Leon 5-day stage race in 3rd overall. Dave is having a brilliant early season and his result in Spain certainlt reinforces that he is more then just a TT specialist. Next up for the Garmin boys is the famed Criterium Internationale (FRA) 2-day race, Mar 28-29.
Final General classification
1. Levi Leipheimer (USA) - 15.33.26
2. Alberto Contador (Spa) - at 0.16
3. David Zabriskie (USA) - at 0.22
4. Stef Clement (Ned) - at 0.49
5. Denis Menchov (Rus) - at 1.07
6. Xavier Tondo (Spa) - at 1.51
7. Philip Deignan (Irl) - at 1.53
8. Ezequiel Mosquera (Spa) - at 2.01
9. Alejandro Valverde (Spa) - at 2.05
10. Juan José Cobo (Spa) - at 2.45